The sewage treatment plant was built between 1908 and 1910 in Jugendstil style. In its heyday the plant was a technological masterpiece. In the 60’s the plant was becoming outdated and in 1973 they decided to shut it down. In 1982 the building was renovated and briefly became an atelier for a ceramist and a glass blower. There are many obstacles in finding a new purpose for the building. The toxic sewage is still deep inside the floors and walls, the cleanup would cost millions. During our visit we already noticed a pungent smell in the building and it was pretty hard to wash it out of our clothes. The remote location makes it unattractive for commercial reuse, and the neighboring town doesn’t want more traffic passing through.